[arin-ppml] Micfo

Ronald F. Guilmette rfg at tristatelogic.com
Tue May 14 19:54:35 EDT 2019

In message <3170429E-4ED6-44A4-9973-9CEE09CE4097 at arin.net>,
John Curran <jcurran at arin.net> wrote:

>ARIN will take action to correct issuance of resources against requests det=
>ermined to be fraudulent - but that does not preclude valid requests from t=
>he same entities, with properly issued resources being used to serve custom=
>ers (many of which are likely to have done nothing wrong.)
>
>I would recommend careful consideration of any policy that starts assigning=
> labels to entities and requires unilateral revocation based on those same =
>labels =96 both because of the potential for harm to innocent parties, and =
>the potential for abuse (ie speculative fraud reports against a competitors=
> becomes a potential weapon.)

John,

I can well and truly understand the reluctance of ARIN to specifically and/or
explicitly call a spade a spade, or a crook a crook.  That's OK.  You don't
have to.  I'lll say it for you.

>From the official documents that I've already read so far in this case
there is absolutely no doubt in my mind whatsoever.  This guy Golestan is
a crook.  That word fits absolutely and like a glove.  You know it.  I know
it.  Anybody who reads the court documents will know it too.

The very fact that this guy is otherwise still a member in good standing
of ARIN is somewhere beyond disgusting, and ought to be remedied, immediately
if not sooner.

Are all ARIN member firms really so careless and cavalier about the reputation
of the Internet, and "Internet governance" as a whole that you are all
utterly and completely blind to the well known fact that, as it is said,
if you lie down with dogs  you get up with fleas?

The very fact of the continued membership of Mr. Golestan in this exclusive
club, even after all that has happened and even given all that is now a matter
of formal public record, is as damning as it is inexplicable.

People in the business wonder why ordinary end-lusers don't trust the Intenet.
This is why.  It's because, to a lot of you, this is still the same old boys club,
just like it was back in the 1990s, and nobody ever wants to ever hold anybody
accountable for -anything-, in any way shape or form, because you're all scared
to death that you yourselves may then be answerable for -something- at some
unforseeable point in the future.

This isn't the kind of courageous leadership toward a brighter future that we
revere our founding fathers... Washington, Adams, Jeffrson, Hamilton, Madison...
for having had the foresight to have.  Rather, this type of courage is more
often associated with Barney Fife.

Regards,
rfg