[arin-ppml] prop266 - re-framing the discussion

Töma Gavrichenkov ximaera at gmail.com
Sun May 5 08:32:19 EDT 2019

On Sun, May 5, 2019, 3:12 PM Carlos Friaças <cfriacas at fccn.pt> wrote:

> I found out that one, thanks. Time reference was useful. :-)

My mailbox is at a peak during the last 2 months, either with lists or PM.

Yeah, this is understandable.

I see you mentioned 11.0.0.0/8. I hope this isn't a secret RFC1918 bis
> bis :-)))

Nope. This network just:
- wasn't going to be used at all before 2015 and isn't really used now;
- aggregates nicely with 10.0.0.0/8;
- also, a lot of enterprises in Southeast Asia and China have run out of
the RFC1918 addresses looong time ago and were not able to deploy IPv6
because reasons (including regulations);
- also, most of said enterprises do not expect or even want to see traffic
coming from the US DoD networks anyway.

--
Töma