[arin-ppml] ARIN-prop-266 Open Petition

Jimmy Hess mysidia at gmail.com
Thu May 2 08:44:19 EDT 2019

On Wed, May 1, 2019 at 12:12 AM Owen DeLong <owen at delong.com> wrote:
> To be clear to all those that are supporting this as a discussion petition… It is not.
> It is a petition to  have the board of trustees reconsider the determination by the AC that
> the proposal was out of scope of the PDP.

Exactly;  there is no such thing as a "discussion petition"; the PPML
is not restricted to discussions about pending proposals  ----
If anything; a petition succeeding tends to pause discussion, as there
is now a live proposal for the BoT and AC to meet and work on,  before
those results are known --  we will not know what if any proposal
language is live within the context of discussion.

The petition process is also not a method capable of modifying
or appealing the PDP or NRPM's scope -- with prop266 so much of this
proposal's language is out of scope objectively and factually,  that
at this point we are simply waiting on the BoT to review this and
confirm
that the AC is in fact correct in their evaluation...

On the other hand,   there  could be other methods pursued for
"discussion" such as a new policy proposal COMPLIANT with the NRPM's
scope or new suggestions under ACSP.

--
-JH