[arin-ppml] Open Petition for ARIN-prop-266: BGP Hijacking is an ARIN Policy Violation

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Mon Apr 29 14:16:34 EDT 2019

On Mon, Apr 29, 2019 at 9:53 AM Mike Arbrouet <mike at brainiacsquad.com>
wrote:
> Can anyone (policy expert) help me out with some ambiguities
> regarding the selection procedures of the Expert's Pool? These
> clarifications are important for me to be able to make a decision on
> supporting/rejecting the [arin-ppml] Open Petition for
> ARIN-prop-266: BGP Hijacking is an ARIN Policy Violation.

Hi Mike,

Respectfully, we're at a different part of the conversation here. The only
decision you're asked to make about the petition is whether we should be
discussing the proposal at all. The formulation of the experts pool (or
whether the proposal retains a shape that needs an experts pool) is a
discussion for later (or never) depending on your choice on the petition.

As you decide whether to support the petition, the petition to discuss and
work on the proposal, consider: you dived in to and discussed the
proposal's details.

Regards,
Bill Herrin

William Herrin ................ herrin at dirtside.com  bill at herrin.us