[arin-ppml] Draft Policy ARIN-2019-4: Allow Inter-regional IPv6 Resource Transfers

Job Snijders job at ntt.net
Fri Apr 5 14:49:42 EDT 2019

On Fri, Apr 5, 2019 at 21:25 Owen DeLong <owen at delong.com> wrote:

> I am in complete agreement here. Let us not construct a policy in support
> of IP policy forum shopping.

Nobody has articulated why that would be a bad thing. Do you have any
supporting data to facilitate developing an opinion one way or another?

If we want to consolidate all the RIRs into RIPE because they have the most
> liberal policies and lowest fees, then let’s be honest about it and do it
> directly through proposals to consolidate the other RIRs. Otherwise, let’s
> recognize the inevitable consequence of this proposal regardless of
> advocate’s intents (which I mostly take at face value).

You seem to blow up the scope of the proposal to impossible width. It isn’t
about money or policies; the IPv6 transfer policy proposal originates from
 operational concerns related to the global availability of ARIN’s RPKI
services.

Kind regards,

Job