[arin-ppml] ARIN discontinuing DNSSEC capability to legacy holders

Jo Rhett jrhett at netconsonance.com
Sat Oct 6 15:39:09 EDT 2018

On Oct 5, 2018, at 5:17 AM, Bill Woodcock <woody at pch.net> wrote:
> On Oct 4, 2018, at 21:44, Jo Rhett <jrhett at netconsonance.com> wrote:
>> Bill, stop playing this nonsense. I referred to and respect your history, your attempt to play innocent is contemptible.
>
> This exchange was, at first, mildly amusing. I thought that you were, perhaps, just in a foul mood, and that a Socratic dialog might lead you out of it. But your replies are non-responsive, and this is becoming tedious.  Time to wrap it up.
>
> You’ve made nonspecific and unsubstantiated allegations of wrongdoing.

I was very explicit. You attempted to distract my very explicit, clearly phrased statement with a wide array of unrelated, never-mentioned topics. I referred to that debate tactic as contemptible, which is a characterization of a practice well known and proscribed in all professional venues.

> You have two alternatives which will not lead to my asking the mailing list committee to sanction you for ToS violation:
> Either state your allegation clearly and substantiate it, or withdraw it and apologize.

I take this threat very seriously and plan to submit a full, detailed response. I will supply a complete outline of my statements and Bill's responses and how I understand their compliance (and not) within the AUP, as soon as I have the time to create this documentation (not likely today).

I can demonstrate that I have not wilfully violated or attempted to violate the AUP, but that Bill has done so repeatedly and tactically, and has even committed several violations in this fabricated complaint.

I'll submit my response to mlc at arin.net within 5 business days.

--
Jo Rhett