[arin-ppml] Discussion on elimination of SWIP requirements.

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Tue Jun 6 00:45:35 EDT 2017

On 5 Jun 2017, at 7:51 PM, Ronald F. Guilmette <rfg at tristatelogic.com<mailto:rfg at tristatelogic.com>> wrote:
I can only infer that the lack of a warm reception, within the ARIN
community, to this rather simple and easy idea can be largely if not
entirely attributed to the community's preference for sweeping all of
its dirty laundry under the carpet.  (And my apologies for the mixed
metaphor.)

Ronald -

    You are of course welcome to avail yourself of the ARIN Consultation and
    Suggestion Process (ACSP) <https://www.arin.net/participate/acsp/acsp.html>
    if you’d like formal consideration and response to a particular suggestion…

    Also, it is worth noting that nothing prevents you from hosting such a forum
    if you feel it to be desired by the community - the operator community in this
    region has shown itself capable of using services hosted by many different
    organizations when they prove useful to network operations.

Thanks!
/John

John Curran
President  and CEO