[arin-ppml] Draft Policy ARIN-2017-5: Equalization of Assignment Registration requirements between IPv4 and IPv6 - updated 2017-07-21

Tony Hain alh-ietf at tndh.net
Mon Jul 24 20:06:18 EDT 2017

I still don’t see any value in specifying length. What you are looking for is contact info for someone with a clue about how a given network works and using length as a really poor proxy. I could live with a fourth line:

Any end network emitting SMTP system SHOULD provide SWIP.

I just don’t know how that gets enforced in any reasonable way. In general SMTP & independent routing are the big targets needing accurate contact info, and length has absolutely nothing to do with either.

Tony