[arin-ppml] Draft Policy ARIN-2015-5: Out of region use - revised

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Fri Sep 11 22:12:07 EDT 2015

On Sep 11, 2015, at 9:47 PM, Martin Hannigan <hannigan at gmail.com<mailto:hannigan at gmail.com>> wrote:
John,

I believe its a norm to expect paid staff to be neutral with respect to all proposals as many consensus bodies  do. ICANN would be a good reference. Feel free to object.

Martin -

If you are implying that my statement (to the effect that Owen’s description of ARIN’s
current policy implementation in this area is correct) is somehow advocating a position
in favor or opposed to the draft policy under consideration, I’d suggest that you read it
again.

Thanks!
/John

John Curran
President and CEO
ARIN

While I have no view on the relative merits of the referenced draft policy, I believe your
description of ARIN’s present policy implementation in this area is essentially correct
(and aligns with what was communicated in the ARIN 31 Policy Experience Report  -
https://www.arin.net/participate/meetings/reports/ARIN_31/PDF/monday/nobile_policy.pdf)