[arin-ppml] 4.10 transition/deployment /10 Was: Re: Transition /10

Martin Hannigan hannigan at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 11:59:01 EDT 2015

On Wed, Oct 21, 2015 at 6:08 PM, David Farmer <farmer at umn.edu> wrote:

On 10/21/15 07:27 , Martin Hannigan wrote:

> [ clip ]

> Conceptually, I've always liked and even preferred the RIPE and APNIC last
> /8 policy, but we couldn't agree on it in 2009, and our options are now
> limited.  If you have a specific suggestion based on the realities of today,
> --

I'd probably do it by rewriting 4.10 to

- retain the /10 and re designate it for run out (yes, 2 are allocated)
- restrict all assignments by it from being transferable except by 8.2
- restrict to corporate holdings in aggregate, not by org id <-- opex
heavy, discuss
- provide new "entrants" and existing resource holders with a single /24,
forever.
- no needs assessment, just ask and then don't come back

Best,

-M<