[arin-ppml] Thoughts on 2015-7

Steven Ryerse SRyerse at eclipse-networks.com
Mon Oct 5 16:29:24 EDT 2015

I don’t understand why everyone wants to keep blocking all outside of ARIN transactions.  A year from now there might be a thousand or more legitimate organizations that meet one or more of the current policies to qualify for an IPv4 allocation.  Let’s say that is your Org or your Customer’s Org - and ARIN dutifully places you on their waiting list.  Time passes and no significant supply comes available for your request.

So then what do you do? ARIN can’t fulfill your request timely. You have a legitimate need. If IPv6 won’t work, Is living without the resources you need really acceptable?  If not do you break down and call a Broker to help find you the resources that you need?

Why does this community continually paint organizations into the corner of not being able to get IPv4 resources without going outside of ARINs policies?  John asked this community to visit the issue of runout several months ago, and there was some discussion but I’ve seen no real will to make any significant adjustments to try and deal with the new world we all must live in now.

We can keep rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic, or we can face reality that times have completely changed and the old rules won’t work in a new ARIN world.  My 2 cents.

Steven Ryerse
President
100 Ashford Center North, Suite 110, Atlanta, GA  30338
770.656.1460 - Cell
770.399.9099- Office

        Conquering Complex Networks℠