[arin-ppml] 2015-2

Bill Woodcock woody at pch.net
Thu Jun 4 14:58:31 EDT 2015

> On Jun 4, 2015, at 17:47, Steven Ryerse <SRyerse at eclipse-networks.com> wrote:
>
> I would point out that ARIN is doing the opposite of fulfilling one of the main reasons ARIN was formed - and that is to keep the database accurate.

Funny, I was there, and I don't remember that being on the agenda. What I remember is balancing the need for aggregatability with the availability of independent blocks, and conservation of a scarce resource.  The notion that people who couldn't abide with the public interest should be catered to at everyone else's expense was not, to the best of my recollection "one of the main reasons ARIN was formed."