[arin-ppml] 2015-2

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Thu Jun 4 12:07:19 EDT 2015

On Jun 4, 2015, at 11:47 AM, Steven Ryerse <SRyerse at eclipse-networks.com<mailto:SRyerse at eclipse-networks.com>> wrote:

So assuming this was a legacy resource transfer, that means ARIN is purposely stopping the database from being updated even when informed about a contractual transfer and provided with the transfer documents for verification.

I would point out that ARIN is doing the opposite of fulfilling one of the main reasons ARIN was formed - and that is to keep the database accurate.

Steve -

  Again, we’re keeping the database accurate - it reflects the party that has the right
  to transfer the resources in accordance with registry policy.  Since the transfer failed,
  that party can always come back and transfer his address block to another party
  (this one would presumably be in accordance with policy.)

  If you want a database of who is routing the address block, that’s a different matter -
  go look at the routing tables at various points in the Internet.

Thanks!
/John

John Curran
President and CEO