[arin-ppml] Draft Policy ARIN-2015-8: Reassignment records for IPv4 End-Users

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Wed Aug 26 14:41:45 EDT 2015

On Wed, Aug 26, 2015 at 2:06 PM, Alfie Cleveland <alfeh at me.com> wrote:
> I just wanted to state that I am fully in favour of this proposal. Let’s say, for example, I am a large corporation with many divisions. If I, at the head office, apply for IPv4 space as an End-User and receive an assignment, I am then to choose which part of my organisation receives this IPv4 space. Within such a large organisation, there will obviously be emails sent to abuse@<domain>.com, but within such a large organisation it is impossible to guarantee that those misusing space will receive the abuse emails, meaning that their response to the abuse will be hindered. If End-Users are able to create reassignment records, this will be much easier.

Hi Alfie,

If such a feature requires an additional payment to ARIN, how much
extra are you willing to pay before it isn't worth it?

In the past, ARIN has claimed SWIP and its related activities as one
of the cost drivers that justify different pricing for ISPs and end
users. Were 2015-8 to become policy, one presumes we wouldn't get it
for free.

Regards,
Bill Herrin

William Herrin ................ herrin at dirtside.com  bill at herrin.us