[arin-ppml] Queue depth report?

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Tue Sep 30 13:44:45 EDT 2014

On Sep 30, 2014, at 12:48 PM, Mike Burns <mike at iptrading.com> wrote:

> Hi John,
>
>>> Reading between the lines, I think this is about ARIN's max carrying rate without schedule slippage.
>
>> We actually have been fairly creative (e.g. moving IPv6 and ASN
> requests to additional resources to free up more time for IPv4
> requests); there are other similar options if needed, so I'm
> going to disagree on that assertion of a "max carrying rate."
>
> I'm going to disagree on on your disagreement, because what I wrote is clearly not an assertion!
> It's nice to know you have options to speed things up, though.
> Thanks for the info, it is clear to me that given your definition of "out" as the first waiting list entry, we will almost certainly have a thousand blocks left when we're "out."
> Does team review come to an end when the first waiting list entry is registered?

Mike -

  If an extremely large and fast growing ISP were to qualify for
  an IPv4 /9 allocation today, then NRPM 4.1.8 (Unmet Need) would
  be in effective.  Regardless of their choice (smaller block or
  waiting list), there would still be other IPv4 requestors who
  should be entitled to receive resources from the remaining free
  pool so long as they submit a complete and valid request before
  other requestors.

  The team review provides for serialization of requests which makes
  this possible, and hence it should continue even if one requestor
  has unmet need.  Even after completion depletion, parties will want
  to know that they are being approved and placed on the list in the
  appropriate order.

FYI,
/John

John Curran