[arin-ppml] [arin-discuss] Term Limit Proposal

David Huberman David.Huberman at microsoft.com
Thu Mar 27 02:06:34 EDT 2014

John,

Thank you for your speedy and helpful reply.

I will note you close your email with the implication that a desire by the participants of ARIN's public fora to alter the Board's bylaws is not a policy development activity.   If that is true - if a policy proposal conducted under the auspices of PDP to change the bylaws is out of scope of the PDP (did you imply that?) - then by what mechanism can the public:
- bring to light an idea for bylaws change;
- discuss it;
- attempt to substantively judge consensus of the proposed change; and
- upon judging consensus exists, affect disposition of the change?

In other words, surely the public, speaking with consensus, can change the Bylaws of the Board without relying on the elected Board members themselves to effect this change, yes?  If no, please state so, as such a response should be extremely alarming to all who care about ARIN's future, I think.

David R Huberman
Microsoft Corporation
Senior IT/OPS Program Manager (GFS)