[arin-ppml] [arin-discuss] Term Limit Proposal

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Thu Mar 27 01:27:39 EDT 2014

On Mar 27, 2014, at 1:01 PM, David Huberman <David.Huberman at microsoft.com> wrote:

> I apologize if I sound combative, but I strongly dislike this suggestion.

David -

   I noted it as an option because it is the mailing list documented for
   that purpose in the suggestion process.

> John, when there is time, can staff please tell us:
>
> - how many non-staff|non-board|non-AC|non-ASO/NRO|non-RIR subscribers
> are currently on arin-consult?
>
> - how many individuals (same exclusions as above) have posted to the list in
> the past 12 months?

   We shall obtain such information.

> I strongly suspect the true participation numbers for this pseudo-invisible
> mailing list will be too low for any Bylaws change discussed exclusively
> there to meaningfully represent "bottoms-up participation".

  The arin-consult mailing list is specifically for handling suggestions
  and is open to the general public.  That does not preclude discussion on
  arin-ppml, but we have had complaints in the past of too much non-policy
  traffic on PPML and hence made arin-consult list specifically for suggestions.
  You will note that there has been no suggestion that arin-ppml is inappropriate
  for such a purpose over the discussions of that last two days; it is simply
  a question of how the community wishes to organize its discussions; one
  omnibus list or a distinct list for operational and organization matters
  which are not number resource policy development.

Thanks!
/John

John Curran
President and CEO