[arin-ppml] About needs basis in 8.3 transfers

Mike Burns mike at iptrading.com
Thu Jun 12 11:09:11 EDT 2014

Hi John,

It seems like you are trying to conflate spammers and botnets with companies
who wish to avoid registration simply because of the needs policy.

We can all agree that spammers and botnets do not seek registration for
reasons other than the needs test, no policy proposal is directed at that
issue.

To your point about buying IP address options which are opaque to Whois, my
answer is that this is only happening due to the needs test.
Same thing with zombie corporations, the existence of which are driven by
the needs test. Spammers don't buy zombie corporations, because they know
they will damage the only asset. Instead they hijack or lease, two
completely separate issues, neither of which is addressed by a current
policy proposal.

Regards,
Mike