[arin-ppml] About needs basis in 8.3 transfers

Mike Burns mike at iptrading.com
Wed Jun 11 16:10:43 EDT 2014

Never claimed they were.  However, Steven stated
that even one transfer not being recorded in the
database was unacceptable.  We now learn that
accuracy is not actually a fundamental principal.

I will choose to dismiss such assertions in the
future as being a distraction from the real issues
being discussed.

Gary

Hi Gary,

Accuracy is indeed a fundamental principle of our stewardship, and an
argument in support of 2014-14.
Just because Steven won't leap to your command to submit a proposal to your
liking regarding reclamation (not a right of ARIN anyway, per the current
RSA), you can't reasonably dismiss the argument that retaining the needs
tests works against the fundamental principle of registry accuracy.

If you want to offer such a proposal, I would give it serious consideration
as I feel valid contacts are a key function of the registry, but I don't
think we can create policy to reclaim legacy blocks for invalid contacts.

Regards,
Mike