[arin-ppml] About needs basis in 8.3 transfers

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Thu Jun 12 09:23:55 EDT 2014

On Jun 11, 2014, at 1:10 PM, Mike Burns <mike at iptrading.com> wrote:

> Never claimed they were.  However, Steven stated
> that even one transfer not being recorded in the
> database was unacceptable.  We now learn that
> accuracy is not actually a fundamental principal.
>
> I will choose to dismiss such assertions in the
> future as being a distraction from the real issues
> being discussed.
>
> Gary
>
> Hi Gary,
>
> Accuracy is indeed a fundamental principle of our stewardship, and an argument in support of 2014-14.

Except that you have offered nothing but conjecture to support the idea that 2014-14 will somehow improve accuracy.

You continue to claim the existence of an unknown number of zombie registrants, but even if we take that as a given, you’ve given nothing to prove that these zombies would somehow magically step forward and register if the needs test were removed. There are all kinds of reasons people may not record transfers that go far beyond the issue of the needs test.

Owen