[arin-ppml] About needs basis in 8.3 transfers

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Wed Jun 11 15:51:32 EDT 2014

On Wed, Jun 11, 2014 at 7:31 PM, Mike Burns <mike at iptrading.com> wrote:
> Hi Gary,
>
> The two are not equal propositions.

Never claimed they were.  However, Steven stated
that even one transfer not being recorded in the
database was unacceptable.  We now learn that
accuracy is not actually a fundamental principal.
I will choose to dismiss such assertions in the
future as being a distraction from the real issues
being discussed.

>  where the buyer is already displaying his need with his
> dollars.

"need" is not the same as "want" (see the
$10K red button app that was offered for
awhile; can anyone explain why anyone
would "need" it).  And while some may
exchange money for only "want"s, those
that can demonstrate "need" can get those
transfers approved today and have the
registry updated today.  Only the "wants"
are having a hard time.  And, in my opinion,
that is as it should be.