[arin-ppml] ARIN 2014-13

Steven Ryerse SRyerse at eclipse-networks.com
Sun Jul 13 15:06:22 EDT 2014

Gary’s suggestion notwithstanding, if 2014-13 goes thru and then my proposal were to go thru, all that would have been accomplished would be that a /24 could be allocated without needs tests once per year.  While that would slightly better than it is today, a /24 will only help the smallest of Organizations.  I don’t want to see the Organizations that need the size of a /22 or a /24 to find it harder to get an allocation because of 2014-13 and if the needs test remain that is exactly what would happen.

As I’ve said many times before the existing policies are stacked against small Organizations and I’m trying to remedy the inequity of that.  In my view 2014-13 in its current form makes the problem worse and not better and I cannot support it in its current form.  I would however support it if the language is changed to use a range of /20 down to /24 where the current policy says /20, and a range of /22 down to a /24 where the current policy says a /22.

John I think it would be a great thing for you and the board to finally acknowledge that it is harder for a small Organization to get an allocation than larger ones and it is inherently unfair  - and this Community need to address that inequity.

Steven Ryerse
President
100 Ashford Center North, Suite 110, Atlanta, GA  30338
www.eclipse-networks.com
770.656.1460 - Cell
770.399.9099- Office

        Conquering Complex Networks℠