[arin-ppml] ARIN 2014-13

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Sun Jul 13 14:54:18 EDT 2014

On Jul 13, 2014, at 1:39 PM, Steven Ryerse <SRyerse at eclipse-networks.com<mailto:SRyerse at eclipse-networks.com>> wrote:

Its more complicated than that.  I’ve submitted the proposed policy change below to the AC.  Obviously at this early stage I don’t know if the Community will accept this or not but 2014-13 complicates this proposal.

Steven -

   That may be the case (that 2014-13 would complicate your policy proposal), but that is not
   equivalent to "making it harder for Organizations to get blocks that are larger than a /24".

   As far as the staff can determine, 2014-13 will not impact ability for parties to obtain larger
   blocks, as the established criteria and guidelines for initial requests larger than /24 will still
   be used.  It would definitely allow issuance of address space (of /24 size) to organizations
   that would presently not qualify under current number resource policy.

Thanks!
/John

John Curran
President and CEO