[arin-ppml] ARIN 2014-13

Steven Ryerse SRyerse at eclipse-networks.com
Sun Jul 13 15:14:48 EDT 2014

I do think the Community needs to set the Minimums in various policies and I'm not trying to take that away.  You are correct that my opinion is that if 2014-13 goes thru and then my proposed policy were to go thru then all that has been achieved is that a /24 could be had by all without needs testing once per year.  Saddling an Organization that needs say a /20 with having to get disparate /24 blocks over times makes the problem worse for the slightly larger Organizations.  We have seen that problem described recently by Larry Ash in his challenge to get a block large enough for his Organization's needs.

I suppose that if 2014-13 does goes thru as is I will have to modify my proposed policy, but it would be great if the Community would finally come together and rectify these problems for smaller Organizations that have been described here by various Organizations from time to time for many years.

Steven Ryerse
President
100 Ashford Center North, Suite 110, Atlanta, GA  30338
www.eclipse-networks.com
770.656.1460 - Cell
770.399.9099- Office

℠ Eclipse Networks, Inc.