[arin-ppml] 2014-2 8.4 Anti-flip Language

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Sun Feb 23 17:29:11 EST 2014

On Sun, Feb 23, 2014 at 8:38 PM, Steven Ryerse <SRyerse at eclipse-networks.com
> wrote:

>  This is an example of how policies penalize legitimate organizations
> needing to do legitimate transfers.  In my opinion the Polices have swung
> so far towards preventing abuse they impact legitimate transfers.

Let us imagine a companies business *is* flipping
(or, worse, a subset of the business, to raise that
quarterly report numbers, since we are focused on
the quarterly numbers).  And let us say the policies
should make that difficult.

What policy language would you propose that would
preventing intentional abuse to make the quarterly
numbers while enabling your legitimate transfers
on a shorter scale?

Maybe we need to implement number clawbacks?
(yeah, that would work...)

Gary