[arin-ppml] FYI -- RIPE-605 Services to Legacy InternetResource Holders

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Wed Feb 12 18:46:23 EST 2014

> Not really sure you got my point... There is no "needs" test for me to transfer ownership of my car to you and the province cannot step in and stop it, they are only interested in keeping their records straight....

Lee -

    There are still requirements (even if nominal) if you hope
    to transfer title, and if you don't meet them then your car
    is not sold.  The records at the registry remain accurate
    in either case.

     This is why I suggested that the comparison be specifically
     with respect to needs assessment if you want to ask a clear
     question.

> As, I think is being suggested, ARIN should be doing as it's primary mission.

   ARIN is keeping an accurate registry - that's why some people
   are unable to complete their desired transfers.  You probably
   need to be a little clearer and specifically note that it is more
   than accuracy you seek; it is also easier transfers w/o needs-
   assessment

Thanks!
/John

John Curran