[arin-ppml] FYI -- RIPE-605 Services to Legacy InternetResource Holders

Matthew Kaufman matthew at matthew.at
Thu Feb 13 00:14:04 EST 2014

On 2/12/14, 3:46 PM, John Curran wrote:
> ARIN is keeping an accurate registry - that's why some people are
> unable to complete their desired transfers.

Yes, for some definition of "complete". For other definitions, like "the
recipient is able to route traffic to the addresses and assign those
addresses to hosts and use those addresses for connectivity to the
global Internet", "completing" a transfer is actually quite easy.

So then the question is... what good is a registry that "accurately"
reflects that those transfers never happened to the people who might
actually ever look in the registry? And I assume people *do* look,
otherwise there wouldn't be a need to maintain a *public* registry at
all, would there?

Matthew Kaufman