[arin-ppml] support for 2014-1 (out of region use)

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Mon Feb 10 19:17:46 EST 2014

On Feb 10, 2014, at 7:10 PM, David Farmer <farmer at umn.edu> wrote:

> On 2/10/14, 17:31 , John Curran wrote:
>> As ARIN's primary role includes management and issuance of number resources
>> _within our region_ (NRPM 2.2), this is reflected in the request template
>> that you received.  The language is potentially overly strident, and I will
>> note that was our intent to update the template language once the community
>> had a chance to clarify its intent (ref: attached ppml email from 6 October
>> 2013 to the ppml mailing list)
>>
>> At this point, it would appear to best to hold off on any template changes
>> until after the April meeting and discussion of Draft Policy 2014-1.
>>
>> Thanks!
>> /John
>>
>> John Curran
>> President and CEO
>> ARIN
>
> John,
>
> Thanks for that reminder.
>
> One small clarification, is this wording change applicable only to IPv4 requests or to both IPv4 and IPv6 requests?

David -

  Unless otherwise directed by the community, we would update both templates to
  indicate that we issue number resources for use in the region.  I believe that
  "no out of region use" is overly strident and hence we will remove that since
  it is not clearly called out in policy (and this all presumes that we do not
  receive more specific guidance from the community in these matters by that time)

Thanks!
/John

John Curran
President and CEO