[arin-ppml] Draft Policy ARIN-2014-6: Remove 7.1

Rob Seastrom ppml at rs.seastrom.com
Fri Feb 7 06:50:57 EST 2014

Jimmy Hess <mysidia at gmail.com> writes:

> I am in agreement, and oppose the policy as written; the section
> should not be removed.
>
> The section explains when it is the resource-holder's responsibility to
> maintain IN-ADDR's, and also: when ARIN may host the IN-ADDRs.
>
> It just needs some minor tweaking to include and distinguish between IPv6 and
> IPv4 IN-ADDRs

Hi Jimmy,

There are a lot of important functions that ARIN performs that are not
codified in the NRPM.  For instance, bulk dumps of WHOIS and the
requirement for annual validation of POCs is in the NRPM, but the
technical details of how ARIN is to run a WHOIS server are not.

The NRPM does not say anything about ip6.arpa, yet somehow it works fine.

Could you provide some thoughts to back up why it ought to stay?

Speaking as secondary shepherd for the proposal, we value your input.

Thanks,

-r