[arin-ppml] Draft Policy ARIN-2014-21: Modification to CI Pool Size per Section 4.4

Martin Hannigan hannigan at gmail.com
Mon Dec 29 20:42:09 EST 2014

On Mon, Dec 29, 2014 at 7:30 PM, John Curran <jcurran at arin.net> wrote:

>  On Dec 29, 2014, at 4:41 PM, Martin Hannigan <hannigan at gmail.com> wrote:

>   Curran is inaccurate from my viewpoint. That's the unilateral approach
> that probably doesn't work for ARIN as a whole. I don't see any of the
> limits he mentions codified e.g. the NANOG PPCs aren't codified in the PDP.
>

>  Martin -
>
>  I already noted that per the Policy Development Process, policy
> discussions
> take place on the PPML mailing list and at PPCs.  Regarding where PPCs
> occur, please again reference the PPC definition within the Policy
> Development
> Process <https://www.arin.net/policy/pdp.html> -
>
>  "Public Policy Consultation (PPC)
>
>  An open public discussion held by ARIN of Internet number resource
> policy that provides for the contemporaneous interaction and polling of
> in-person and remote participants. These consultations may be held at
> ARIN's Public Policy Meetings and at other related forums as approved by
> the ARIN Board of Trustees."

Thank for underscoring my point about the lack of clarity. The discussion
has transcended OIX and is about ARIN and whether it wants open and
transparent internet governance inputs from outside parties that have
recognized expertise.

Please take a look at Dr. Muellers comments. They may be helpful to you.

FYI,

-M<