[arin-ppml] Draft Policy ARIN-2014-21: Modification to CI Pool Size per Section 4.4

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Mon Dec 29 19:30:28 EST 2014

On Dec 29, 2014, at 4:41 PM, Martin Hannigan <hannigan at gmail.com<mailto:hannigan at gmail.com>> wrote:
Curran is inaccurate from my viewpoint. That's the unilateral approach that probably doesn't work for ARIN as a whole. I don't see any of the limits he mentions codified e.g. the NANOG PPCs aren't codified in the PDP.

Martin -

I already noted that per the Policy Development Process, policy discussions
take place on the PPML mailing list and at PPCs.  Regarding where PPCs
occur, please again reference the PPC definition within the Policy Development
Process <https://www.arin.net/policy/pdp.html> -

"Public Policy Consultation (PPC)

An open public discussion held by ARIN of Internet number resource policy that provides for the contemporaneous interaction and polling of in-person and remote participants. These consultations may be held at ARIN's Public Policy Meetings and at other related forums as approved by the ARIN Board of Trustees.”

There is little doubt that OIX qualifies as a related forum, so if the OIX would
like to host Public Policy Consultations (as codified in the PDP), I’d be happy
to work with the OIX folks and the ARIN AC to look into the possibility.  I do not
know if there is or will be enough exchange point address policy development
to make it worthwhile - that would probably be one of the topics that needs to
be discussed, and then explained to the ARIN Board of Trustees to gain the
approval to conduct PPCs at OIX meetings.

Thanks,
/John

John Curran
President and CEO