[arin-ppml] Statistics request regarding new entrants (was: Re: Stats request)

CJ Aronson cja at daydream.com
Wed Nov 27 14:14:33 EST 2013

On Wed, Nov 27, 2013 at 10:56 AM, John Curran <jcurran at arin.net> wrote:

> On Nov 27, 2013, at 12:30 PM, Owen DeLong <owen at delong.com> wrote:
>
> > The word you are looking for there, John, is "has become". We've already
> seen
> > multiple reports from members of the community that they are deadlocked
> on this
> > issue because their upstream will not give them more space and they
> don't have
> > enough space from their upstream to qualify through ARIN.
>
> I have heard similar concerns expressed anecdotally.

I hosted the lunch topic table at the last ARIN meeting that addressed
problems faced by small ISPs.   Everyone at this topic table faced the
issue we are discussing.   They can't get blocks from their upstream and
they can't justify blocks from ARIN.  Hopefully some of those folks will
speak up here too.

----Cathy