[arin-ppml] ARIN-2013-4: RIR Principles / Request for General Thoughts

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Wed Jun 12 20:28:15 EDT 2013

On Wed, Jun 12, 2013 at 5:51 PM, Chris Grundemann <cgrundemann at gmail.com> wrote:
> First of all this is not a vote, and while I appreciate you're
> attempts to help (I assume), they come across as a manipulative
> attempt at controlling the conversation when the counts are not
> accurate and are (repeatedly) preemptive.

Chris,

I am in no way a neutral party here. Neither, my good fellow, are you.
You have used your office to attempt to frame debate and feedback
closely around Jason's closed-door partisan draft. That manipulation
exceeds any I could hope to achieve from outside.

I am emphatically and unapologetically attempting to move the
conversation away from a set of principle statements which appears to
me to be opposed by the bulk of the participants of this forum. If you
would have yourself respected as a neutral arbiter, roll back and
restart where you should have: ask this community to propose text for
core principles, deconstruct it to separable components and then seek
your yes/nos on all that had more than token interest.

Till then: pot, kettle, black.

Regards,
Bill Herrin

Falls Church, VA 22042-3004