[arin-ppml] ARIN-2013-4: RIR Principles / Request for General Thoughts

Chris Grundemann cgrundemann at gmail.com
Thu Jun 13 00:43:08 EDT 2013

On Wed, Jun 12, 2013 at 6:28 PM, William Herrin <bill at herrin.us> wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 12, 2013 at 5:51 PM, Chris Grundemann <cgrundemann at gmail.com> wrote:
>> First of all this is not a vote, and while I appreciate you're
>> attempts to help (I assume), they come across as a manipulative
>> attempt at controlling the conversation when the counts are not
>> accurate and are (repeatedly) preemptive.
>
> Chris,
>
> I am in no way a neutral party here. Neither, my good fellow, are you.
> You have used your office to attempt to frame debate and feedback
> closely around Jason's closed-door partisan draft. That manipulation
> exceeds any I could hope to achieve from outside.

Bill,

In this thread I have simply asked four questions based directly on
the text of the draft I am shepherding and tried to provide some
structure to allow the widest range of responses possible. I fail to
see how that is manipulative in any way so I must respectfully but
emphatically disagree with your assertion. Go re-read my original post
if you have any doubts.

Not being neutral is no crime, I don't fault you for having an opinion
- in fact it is very helpful. Providing false information and flooding
the thread with less than useful repetitive posts is however
absolutely in poor taste, is manipulative, and will indubitably be
called out as such.

> I am emphatically and unapologetically attempting to move the
> conversation away from a set of principle statements which appears to
> me to be opposed by the bulk of the participants of this forum. If you
> would have yourself respected as a neutral arbiter, roll back and
> restart where you should have: ask this community to propose text for
> core principles, deconstruct it to separable components and then seek
> your yes/nos on all that had more than token interest.

Thanks again for your opinion, I'm sure it will be considered along
with the others offered.

> Till then: pot, kettle, black.

You posted an erroneous (accidental or intentional) count of responses
to the list multiple times. I asked the questions and am now trying to
keep you from bullying other respondents from answering. Whatever
colors you choose to represent those actions, I assure you they are
not the same.

Cheers,
~Chris

--