[arin-ppml] 8.2 Transfers at ARIN

David Huberman David.Huberman at microsoft.com
Mon Dec 9 16:52:51 EST 2013

John,

Thank you for the stats.  They mostly tell the story I was thinking they would:  a very low approval and completion rate.  And from that data, PPML can build (and ask) for solutions so that Whois can be made more accurate, and transfer requests can perhaps enjoy a much higher approval and completion percentage.

But before that happens, can you please comment on the statistical trend of the last 3 years, where we went up 10% in both approvals and completions? Giving best guesses, to what factors does ARIN attribute these excellent increases? IOW, what changed?

Knowing this will help PPML in its efforts, I think.

David R Huberman
Microsoft Corporation
Senior IT/OPS Program Manager (GFS)

=== 8.2 Transfer Request Stats