[arin-ppml] WhoWas Service Now in ARIN Online Announcement

Kevin Kargel kkargel at polartel.com
Fri Mar 30 18:17:30 EDT 2012

I just wanted to chime in and share that whowas was useful for me today.  I
was able to verify that an address that was in my RBL had recently changed
hands (to a different country even) so I was able to delist it for the new
operators of a polluted IP address.

This was a very legitimate use that imho was actually to the benefit of a
new ethical mailing list operator.  It may prove in the future to need to be
re-listed, but today it gave me justification to give them the benefit of a
doubt.

Kevin