[arin-ppml] ARIN-2011-9 / GPP-IPv4-2011 sent to ICANN Board for ratification

Louie Lee louie at louie.net
Thu Mar 15 04:08:52 EDT 2012

Dear ARIN Community,

On behalf of the ICANN ASO Address Council and the global IP addressing community, I have forwarded the global policy proposal GPP-IPv4-2011 (also known as ARIN-2011-9 in the ARIN region) onto the ICANN Board of Directors for review and ratification.  The ICANN Board's Review Procedures for such global policy proposals require a 21-day comment period.  ICANN has acknowledged receipt of this global policy proposal from the ASO AC and began a public comment period which will end on April 4, 2012.

The ASO Address Council expects ratification by the ICANN Board within 60 days.  Please stay tuned for further updates.

Relevant links:
ARIN-2011-9 status: https://www.arin.net/policy/proposals/2011_9.html
GPP-IPv4-2011 status: http://aso.icann.org/global-policy-proposals/#GPP-IPv4-2011
background report: http://www.icann.org/en/news/announcements/announcement-26apr11-en.htm