[arin-ppml] ARIN-prop-174 Policies Apply to All Resources in the Registry

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 22:47:02 EDT 2012

On Fri, Jun 22, 2012 at 2:23 AM, Jimmy Hess <mysidia at gmail.com> wrote:
> I find it a little bit suspect that MS were allowed to sign a LRSA on
> this;  when transfers required signing the RSA, according to the NRPM,
>  and the LRSA was a different agreement,  then  others were required
> to sign.

Since we are digging up the dead horse to start a new flogging,
there were many (including the authors and many in the community)
who had interpreted that the requirement was to be signing the
(no prefix) RSA.  But the alternative interpretation of *an* RSA,
which included the LRSA, was determined to not be prohibited by
the language of the NRPM.  That was a lesson learned by the
community.

Gary