[arin-ppml] ARIN-prop-174 Policies Apply to All Resources in the Registry

Jimmy Hess mysidia at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 22:23:17 EDT 2012

On 6/21/12, Scott Leibrand <scottleibrand at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 21, 2012 at 4:26 PM, Steven Ryerse
[snip]
> to PPML and at public policy meetings) the only thing non-standard about
> the Nortel-Microsoft transfer was that Microsoft signed the LRSA instead of
> the RSA.  And since the only real remaining difference between the two is
> the fee schedule, that is definitely not a policy matter.

Well, there is a policy matter, in that they signed a different
agreement, even if the only difference was "fees";  it's still
something different they were allowed to sign.   The NRPM specifically
indicates  that annual fees  maintenance  fees are charged  according
to an ISP schedule or an end-user schedule...

I find it a little bit suspect that MS were allowed to sign a LRSA on
this;  when transfers required signing the RSA, according to the NRPM,
 and the LRSA was a different agreement,  then  others were required
to sign.

Does ARIN treat all organizations that receive service equally, fair
and non-discriminatively,  OR  are some resource holders allowed to
agreement terms that provide them more protection or better treatment
from ARIN than other  organizations  ?

E.g. Did  ARIN give   Microsoft  preferential treatment,  or  do  all
members have the option of signing the LRSA to transfer resources from
a legacy holder?

Is this option clearly shown somewhere on ARIN's website?

--
-JH