[arin-ppml] ARIN-prop-172 Additional definition for NRPM Section 2 - Legacy Resources

David Farmer farmer at umn.edu
Wed Jun 6 09:42:09 EDT 2012

On 6/6/12 06:58 , Bill Darte wrote:
> I am still in support of Milton's more simplistic 'contractual
> relationship' distinction.
> bd

I think I'm willing to concede that Legacy Resources not covered under a
contract is the crux of the policy issue involved.  I think we have been
dancing around that issue for years and we need to work policy regarding
that issue.

However, I believe that is only one class of Legacy Resource.  I don't
feel comfortable defining that term solely on the basis of the contract
issue.

I'll have to think about it more and make sure I'm not projecting
personal identity issues into the whole thing.

But,

Do we need a different term? Maybe.

Do I just need to get over it? Maybe.

If it is the latter, I think I'm not the only one who would needs to get
over it.

Do we need policy regarding Legacy Resources not under contract?  Most
defiantly.