[arin-ppml] ARIN-prop-172 Additional definition for NRPM Section 2 - Legacy Resources

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Wed Jun 6 09:51:20 EDT 2012

On Jun 6, 2012, at 6:42 AM, David Farmer wrote:

> I think I'm willing to concede that Legacy Resources not covered under a contract is the crux of the policy issue involved.  I think we have been dancing around that issue for years and we need to work policy regarding that issue.

ARIN policies apply to all number resources in the region.

> Do we need policy regarding Legacy Resources not under contract?  Most defiantly.

Presently, legacy resources not under contract receive registry
services and have the ability to update their contact information
to facilitate registry accuracy.  Creation of explicit policy by
the community to reaffirm this position isn't strictly necessary,
but would likely improve clarity of the situation and therefore
be an improvement.

A legacy resource holder who enters in the LRSA receives specific
contractual rights and protections (which are the same as those
enjoyed by RSA holders.)

FYI,
/John

John Curran