[arin-ppml] Residential Customers

Jo Rhett jrhett at netconsonance.com
Fri Jul 20 15:54:21 EDT 2012

On Jul 20, 2012, at 11:58 AM, Scott Leibrand wrote:
> Using SWIP or RWhois, residential or mobile access ISPs must show that they have reassigned at least 80% of their current address space, with a 50 to 80% utilization rate, in order to request additional addresses.

How is that not simply 50% ?

<joking>
And honestly, I love this policy. I have a /21 assigned, I fill half of it and I get get another /21! Sweet!
</joking>

I support the 80% policy as it stands.  ARIN already has rules that account for geographic limitations that can (and have for me) help justification when it's not technically possible to subnet the block. If you don't have a geographical/physically problem then you can work around this issue. I'd support 90% rule for wireless access providers, to be honest.

--
Jo Rhett