[arin-ppml] Prop-151: Limiting needs requirements for IPv4 transfers

Martin Hannigan hannigan at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 21:45:04 EST 2012

On Tue, Jan 17, 2012 at 8:26 PM, David Farmer <farmer at umn.edu> wrote:

> On 1/17/12 17:50 CST, Owen DeLong wrote:
>>
>> It is relatively easy to acquire address space in the ARIN region as well.
>>
>> I don't believe for one moment that APNIC's policies or their application
>> of
>> those policies is significantly less strict than ARIN"s. If it were, APNIC
>> would
>> have consumed a much greater quantity of IPv4 address space.
>>
>> It may be a widely held belief. That does not make it correct.
>>
>> Owen
>

> I'm actually willing to believe that it is true, I just don't have personal
> knowledge that it is or is not true.  Additionally, when I look at the
> differences in policies, they don't seem rise to the level of what I would
> call an unfair difference.

I believe that APNIC runs their region how they see fit and we run
ours how we see fit.  They seem to be more fine with that than we are
for some reason, but that's fine too.

The fact that they had disposed of need at one point probably lends
itself to Williams point. I think trying to dismiss that point all
considered by seeking "evidence" is not useful.

Best,

-M<