[arin-ppml] private whois record

patrick at klos.com patrick at klos.com
Tue Aug 7 17:51:21 EDT 2012

>> > I doubt you can find the street address of BoA's or CIA network
>> > security department in public.  Their customer facing department
>> > info is public, but their network org may be considered sensitive.
>>
>> Please provide an example of how a legitimate business's WHOIS data may
>> be considered "sensitive"?
>
>[kjk] Even in the case of the womens abuse shelter who's contact information
>*may* need to be protected, I don't believe the entity that manages their
>network need necessarily be afforded the same protection.  Those shelters
>also typically maintain P.O. boxes and/or off premises offices to protect
>their physical address.
>{gross snippage}

Why would the physical address of the administrators of a women's shelter
possibly need to be protected?  Where would the women go that need help?
Similarly, you can't hide the phone number of a women's shelter or the
women would have no place to call.  You cannot provide public services
without providing public information.

Regardless, the entity that manages their network needs to be able to be
contacted.

Patrick Klos
Klos Technologies, Inc.