[arin-ppml] Fee structures for ARIN

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Fri Oct 28 11:26:23 EDT 2011

On Oct 28, 2011, at 3:17 PM, Jack Bates wrote:

> On 10/28/2011 9:56 AM, John Curran wrote:
>> Presumably, legacy block holders currently receiving services without
>> charge would begin paying these fees upon signing the LRSA?  I imagine
>> a few /8 and /16 address holders might suggest that the services they
>> require do not cause ARIN expenses even close to the suggested fees?
>> This becomes even more important if you omit IPv4 from the equation.
>
> Scope the equation. If legacy's sign an LRSA but still don't pay current v4 tier fees, then don't include any of their v4 in the equation. Or apply a weight to their holdings. As long as it is applied on both sides, it will still average out right.

I'm referencing a different problem other than balancing the equation.
Let's say that a /24 increment works out to $10/annual  A legacy holder
with a /8 would go from paying $0/annually to paying $655,350/annually\
upon signing the LRSA?

I'm trying to understand implications of Bill's formula approach.

Thanks!
/John

John Curran
President and CEO