[arin-ppml] Fee structures for ARIN

Jack Bates jbates at brightok.net
Fri Oct 28 10:24:07 EDT 2011

On 10/28/2011 5:11 AM, John Curran wrote:
> We don't have to change the ISP fee structure, but as a practical
> matter, ISPs are paying significantly more on a recurring basis for
> registration services and depending on their circumstances, may not be
> actually using any significantly more or different services from
> end-user organizations.

My only issue with the ISP fee structure is that the boundaries for IPv6
no longer match up what the ISP is forced to take. ie, You can't get a
/27, so if you are larger than a /28, you jump to the X-Large. From my
observations, IPv6 tier structures have always been unbalanced (though
the waivers helped). As a practical matter, IPv6 is more costly to the
ISP when ARIN will perform less services for it in the end.

I can't complain about the cost differences for enduser/ISP. Just fix
IPv6 which is on it's way to making ARIN a LOT more money, and doing
less work in exchange.

Jack