[arin-ppml] 2011-1 dissent Was: Re: ARIN-2011-1: ARINInter-RIRTransfers - Last Call

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Wed Oct 26 19:38:18 EDT 2011

On Oct 26, 2011, at 11:27 PM, Kevin Blumberg wrote:

> The policy currently allows for potentially a very loose interpretation of needs basis. If we have a policy
> in our region that requires certain needs to be a valid request then our Inter-RIR policy should closely
> mimic those needs requirements.

Hmm...  Are you suggesting that ARIN's requirements to be met by the recipient of
a transfer in another region should be the same as whatever requirements we put on
a transfer recipient in the ARIN region?

If yes, this means that we're holding organizations in another region not to the
principles contained within RFC 2050, but instead to the precise policy in the
ARIN region at any given time.  This is not for address space being issued from
ARIN's free pool, but address space received from a willing ARIN region holder?

Thanks for clarifying,
/John

John Curran
President and CEO