[arin-ppml] 2011-1 dissent Was: Re: ARIN-2011-1: ARINInter-RIRTransfers - Last Call

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Wed Oct 26 19:20:30 EDT 2011

On Oct 26, 2011, at 10:53 PM, Kevin Blumberg wrote:

> I feel that any needs assessment done from which ever side does
> it is more closely related to that regions current policies.

Kevin - Could you explain what you mean by the above sentence?

The other RIR has to have a needs-based transfer policy which
requires demonstrating the operational need to that RIR in
order to transfer addresses.  Such policies are "compatible"
with 2011-1.

For an actual transfer request to recipient in another RIR
to be approved, that RIR needs to apply their policy to the
recipient in their region and notify ARIN they agree to the
transfer.

Thanks,
/John

John Curran