[arin-ppml] "whole community" (PPM versus PPML)

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Tue Nov 8 15:45:24 EST 2011

On Nov 8, 2011, at 3:36 PM, William Herrin wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 8, 2011 at 3:23 PM, John Curran <jcurran at arin.net> wrote:
>> On Nov 8, 2011, at 3:03 PM, William Herrin wrote:
>>> At least, it bubbles up when that text is actually presented to the
>>> whole community instead of just the portion which haunts PPML.
>>
>>  I'd like to understand this point better; do you believe that
>>  there is a significant difference between those on the PPML
>>  mailing list and those who attend the Public Policy Meeting?
>
> John,
>
> Certainly. I've met plenty of folks at the meeting that I've never
> seen on PPML. And I've read valuable debate on the PPML from folks who
> as far as I know have never attended a meeting. There is some
> intersection to be sure, but it's far from total.

There are likely to be dozens of Public Policy Meeting attendees
who are not on PPML, but there are thousands of PPML subscribers
who do not attend the Public Policy Meetings onsite nor remotely.
My reason for asking is that you seem to have characterized the
Public Policy Meeting as "the whole community".

/John

John Curran
President and CEO
ARIN