[arin-ppml] IPv4 Transfer Policy Change to Keep Whois Accurate

Blake Dunlap ikiris at gmail.com
Thu May 19 20:07:01 EDT 2011

On Thu, May 19, 2011 at 18:56, Mike Burns <mike at nationwideinc.com> wrote:

>  Blake,
>
> Is having an emergency supplier of IP addresses a negative for the
> community?

Yes, they are by definition holding perfectly good space that could go to
use now which is out of play, on the chance they will be the only seller and
can make substansial money by being the only option.

> Is having a temporary supplier of IP addresses a negative for the
> community?

This is not prevented now by community policy, thus it was in the second
category, the one that is completely unrelated to this proposal.

> Is having a supplier for long-range plans a negative for the community?

For the third time yes, for the same reasons as the previous two times. It
takes resources out of play *now* that could go to parties that need it
*now* for the *future* *possible* benifit of one party, to the detriment of
every other party *now*.

> Is this what stewarship has become, having a few elites making these kinds
> of decisions about which businesses the community finds positive or
> negative?

(Rant removed) I'm not going to even comment on this.

>  What's wrong with letting the bad ones go broke and the good ones succeed
> as measures of their positive or negative attributes?

What are you even talking about here?

-Blake